**Now hiring! Apply now at email@example.com**
Littleton Equine Medical Center is currently offering opportunities for a motivated and enthusiastic surgery technician. We are a full-service equine specialty referral center in Littleton, Colorado, southwest of Denver. We take great pride in having an exceptional national reputation for providing excellent care for our patients and their owners. Our practice was founded nearly 70 years ago, on the principles of passion, compassion and professionalism. We strive to provide our patients with the best possible care with in hospital and ambulatory services sports medicine; surgery, imaging (including MRI and Nuclear Scan), wellness, internal medicine, integrative medicine, reproduction services and on-site laboratory.
What we offer!
- Competitive wages!
- A robust benefit package including Health, Dental & Supplemental options for full time employees
- 401k with employer matching for full time employees
- Paid Vacation & Personal time for full time employees
- CE Opportunities, including out of state & equine specific
- Work one on one with our board-certified surgeons & internal medicine specialist
- Uniform Stipend
- We offer monthly employee appreciation meals, quarterly team building activities, & opportunities for advancement.
- We support an environment of education and personal growth founded on mutual respect and a shared vision.
What are we looking for?
#1 – Passion: Truly believing in what you do. Take it to the next level for the better of patients, clients and the profession!
- Circulating Nurse for elective and emergency surgeries
- Properly prep patient for any surgical procedure
- Care for surgical and hospital equipment including sterilization
- Manage and maintain an on-call rotating schedule
- Ability to work in a team setting using integrity, accountability and passion.
- Comfort and experience in handling horses.
- Assist in clinic appointments when available, including MRI, Radiology, Nuclear Scintigraphy and Anesthesia.
- Responsible for assisting staff surgeons with daily appointments and surgeries (both scheduled and emergency) including handling equine patients and communicating with clients.
A Surgery Technician will manage all clinical appointments for the surgeon; this will include any lameness’, endoscopies, joint injections, regenerative therapies, etc. Surgery techs are also required to have a working knowledge of all surgical and hospital equipment, and to properly maintain and care for equipment. A surgery tech is expected to account for all instruments in the surgery suite, to properly care for, sterilize, and handle not only instruments from the surgery suite, but instruments from field trucks as well. There is a requirement to manage and be on a rotating on-call schedule after hours, weekends, and holidays.
Are you ready to join a great team?!
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, please enter Surgery Technician in the subject line. Phone inquiries are welcome, please call 303-794-6359 and ask for Britt LeDell.