Dr. Murray earned her undergraduate degree at Pomona College in Claremont, CA where she majored in Neuroscience. She attended the University of California, Davis School of Veterinary Medicine. After earning her doctorate, she completed a rigorous surgical and medical internship at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington, KY, where she worked extensively with horses of all ages in the Thoroughbred industry. Dr. Murray then completed her residency in Equine Surgery at The Ohio State University, where she became skilled in all facets of equine surgery (elective and emergency), sports medicine and diagnostic imaging, including nuclear scintigraphy and CT. She particularly enjoys the challenges of gastrointestinal ‘colic’ surgery, and has a special interest in emergencies and critical care.
Dr. Murray’s research interests include regenerative medicine (stem cell therapy). Dr. Murray was the recipient of the Graduate Resident Award for Research Excellence for her research in novel biologics for tendon healing. She has presented on topics such as regenerative medicine at the American College of Veterinary Surgeons’ Symposium, and wounds at the American Association of Equine Practitioner’s Annual Convention. She is published in peer-reviewed journals, and has written book chapters on a variety of topics.
Dr. Murray’s focuses at Littleton Equine Medical Center are Emergency Medicine and Surgery. She is also certified in Veterinary Medical Acupuncture and can provide acupuncture and/or electroacupuncture treatments to her hospitalized patients, that can be easily integrated with conventional veterinary medicine.
When not at work you can find her hiking 14er’s, rock climbing, or out on the trails mountain biking. She also enjoys the practice of yoga and photography.
- Undergraduate, Neuroscience, Pomona College, Claremont, CA 1998
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, UC Davis, School of Veterinary Medicine, Davis, CA 2005
- Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital, Lexington, KY (Internship) 2005-2006
- The Ohio State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Residency in Equine Surgery 2006-2009
- The Ohio State University, Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Master of Science (MS) 2009
- Certified in Veterinary Medical Acupuncture 2011
- Board Certified Diplomate American College of Veterinarian Surgeons 2011