Dr. Hill grew up riding horses in the hills of northern California and started competing in endurance rides in high school, which included finishing the Western States 100 miles endurance ride several times. Following her passion for all things equine, Dr. Hill earned her undergraduate degree and veterinary degree at the University of California, Davis in 2008 and 2012 respectively.
After vet school, Dr Hill completed an internship at LEqMC followed by a large animal fellowship at Oregon State University focusing on large animal medicine and surgery. She then went on to complete a large animal surgical residency at Cornell University where she worked on all large animals, from 2000-pound draft horses to 7-pound pot-bellied pigs! During her residency, she was trained in all facets of surgery including advanced orthopedics, upper airway surgery, regenerative medicine and emergency colic surgery. Her primary research interests focused on regenerative medicine and stem cells, for which she won an award for her abstract presentation at the American College of Veterinary Surgeons annual conference in 2016.
Dr Hill is thrilled to get to move back west and to return to LEqMC. She loves all facets of equine surgery but has a particular interest in working to keep our equine athletes performing at their best. Dr. Hill is also acupuncture certified and enjoys being able to offer such modalities to her patients.
In her spare time, you can find Dr. Hill hiking in the mountains, outside running, or on a yoga mat. She still has two old horses back in California, but hopes to return to endurance riding in the future.
- Undergraduate, University of California, Davis 2008
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, 2012
- Certificate, Medical Acupuncture for Veterinarians, Colorado, 2012
- Internship, Littleton Equine Medical Center, 2012-2013
- Fellowship, Oregon State University, 2013-2014
- Large Animal Surgical Residency, Cornell University, 2014-2017
- Board Certified Diplomate American College of Veterinarian Surgeons – Specializing in Large Animal, 2018