**Now hiring! Apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org**
Littleton Equine Medical Center is currently offering opportunities for motivated and enthusiastic technicians for our imaging and anesthesia department. We are a full service equine specialty referral center in Littleton, Colorado, southwest of Denver. We take great pride in having an exceptional national reputation for providing excellent care for our patients and their owners. Our practice was founded nearly 70 years ago, on the principles of passion, compassion and professionalism. We strive to provide our patients with the best possible care with in hospital and ambulatory services sports medicine; surgery, imaging (including MRI and Nuclear Scan), wellness, internal medicine, integrative medicine, reproduction services and on-site laboratory.
What we offer!
- Starting hourly rate of $17
- A robust benefit package including Health, Dental & Supplemental options
- 401k with employer matching
- Paid Vacation & Personal time
- CE Opportunities, including out of state & equine specific
- Work one on one with our board-certified surgeons & internal medicine specialist
- Paid Licensing renewal (CVT)
- Uniform Stipend
- We offer monthly employee appreciation meals & opportunities for advancement.
- We support an environment of education and personal growth founded on mutual respect and a shared vision.
What are we looking for?
#1 – Passion: Truly believing in what you do. Take it to the next level for the better of patients, clients and the profession!
- Ability to work in a team setting using integrity, accountability and passion.
- Comfort and experience in handling horses.
- Assist in clinic appointments when available, including MRI, Radiology, Nuclear Scintigraphy, field anesthesia and/or radiology.
- Responsible for assisting staff surgeons with daily appointments and surgeries (both scheduled and emergency) including handling equine patients and communicating with clients.
- Performs pre-anesthetic evaluation of the horse, proper administration of anesthetic agents, physical & instrumental preparation and monitoring of the patient during anesthesia and recovery.
- Oversees the proper maintenance of anesthesia equipment, order supplies and medications as needed.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Ability to triage independently using good judgment.
- Graduation from an AVMA accredited school of veterinary technology and completion or pending completion on the VTNE is preferred.
- Full time hours that consists of on-call overnights, weekends, and holidays.
Are you ready to join a great team?!
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com, please enter Imaging/Anesthesia in the subject line.