**Now hiring! Apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org**
Equine Laboratory Assistant
Littleton Equine Medical Center is currently offering opportunities for motivated and enthusiastic assistant for our laboratory department. We are a full-service equine specialty referral center in Littleton, Colorado, southwest of Denver. We take great pride in having an exceptional national reputation for providing excellent care for our patients and their owners. Our practice was founded nearly 70 years ago, on the principles of passion, compassion and professionalism. We strive to provide our patients with the best possible care with in hospital and ambulatory services sports medicine; surgery, imaging (including MRI and Nuclear Scan), wellness, internal medicine, integrative medicine, reproduction services and on-site laboratory.
What are we looking for?
#1 – Passion: Truly believing in what you do. Take it to the next level for the better of patients, clients and the profession
- Responsible for accurate input of test results into practice management software.
- Responsible for invoicing lab charges into practice management software.
- Communicate test results to veterinarians by phone or email.
- Assist in preparing shipments of specimens to outside labs.
- Maintain inventory of lab supplies and place orders as needed.
- Organize supplies and paperwork of lab.
- Set up basic microbiology tests under supervision of Lab Technician.
- Run basic hematology/chemistry tests under supervision of Lab Technician.
Schedule is part time, 10-15 hours per week, preferably mornings. Occasional weekends are required. Administrative skills, including a high-level of proficiency in computer programs, are required. Experience in the veterinary medicine field is desirable, but not required. A positive attitude with a willingness to learn and be adaptable is essential. Must be able to work in a team setting, as well as be able to manage time and work independently, have excellent communication skills, and a strong work ethic. Lab experience desirable.
Are you ready to join a great team?!
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com, please enter Lab Assistant in the subject line. Phone inquiries are welcome, please call 303-794-6359 and ask for Britt LeDell.