Dr. Lori was born and raised on a Morgan Horse Farm in Tunbridge, Vermont, and grew up 1 mile from the first Morgan horse in the breed’s history. He attended high school in Scotland, and traveled much of Europe, before returning to the United States to attend college.
After completing his undergraduate degree, Dr. Lori explored the opportunity of medical school and worked as a research associate at Dartmouth Medical, along with taking classes. It was at this time that Dr. Lori elected to pursue veterinary school.
Dr. Lori arrived at what was Littleton Large Animal Clinic in 1998 and worked as an assistant for 3 years and then moved to Fort Collins to complete his MBA and DVM, during which time he worked weekends and holidays at the clinic.
After graduating from veterinary school, Dr. Lori began his internship at LEqMC. The 2 years following his internship, Dr. Lori completed a 2 year lameness fellowship with Dr. Terry Swanson. Dr. Lori was hired full time as an equine associate in May of 2011.
When not at the clinic, Dr. Lori and his wife Janet, a Board Certified Veterinary Oncologist at Animal Emergency and Specialty Center in Parker Colorado, and their three children Emily, Jacob and Joseph, can be found hiking, camping, trail riding, and taking care of their menagerie of animals.
- Undergraduate, Medical Biology, University of New England, 1997
- MBA, Colorado State University, 2003
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Colorado State University, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, 2007
- Member of American Veterinary Medical Association, Colorado Veterinary Medicine Association and American Association of Equine Practitioners.
- Board of Directors – Douglas County Fair