**NOW HIRING! APPLY NOW AT EMPLOYMENT@LITTLETONEQUINE.COM**
Client and Patient Care Coordinator
Littleton Equine Medical Center is currently offering opportunities for motivated and enthusiastic Client and Patient Care Coordinator. We are a full-service equine specialty referral center in Littleton, Colorado, southwest of Denver. We take great pride in having an exceptional national reputation for providing excellent care for our patients and their owners. Our practice was founded nearly 70 years ago, on the principles of passion, compassion and professionalism. We strive to provide our patients with the best possible care with in hospital and ambulatory services sports medicine; surgery, imaging (including MRI and Nuclear Scan), wellness, internal medicine, integrative medicine, reproduction services and on-site laboratory.
What we offer!
- Competitive wages! DOE starting at $15 – $17/hr.
- A robust benefit package including Health, Dental & Supplemental options for full time employees
- 401k with employer matching for full time employees
- Paid Vacation & Personal time for full time employees
- CE Opportunities, including out of state & equine specific
- Work one on one with our board-certified surgeons & internal medicine specialist
- Uniform Stipend
- We offer monthly employee appreciation meals, quarterly team building activities, & opportunities for advancement.
- We support an environment of education and personal growth founded on mutual respect and a shared vision.
What are we looking for?
#1 – Passion: Truly believing in what you do. Take it to the next level for the better of patients, clients and the profession!
- Customer and Personal Service – the ability to be empathetic, accurate, compassionate, resourceful, and conscientious.
- General Office Practices and Procedures
- Medical Terminology
- Conflict Resolution
- Equine Patient Care – Treatment knowledge is a plus. Recognizing how and why treatments and diagnostics are performed to recognize changes in estimates, incorrect charges, errors in treatment plan and to recognize the norm. This allows the ability to communicate clearly and confidently with veterinarians, technicians and clients about patients and invoices.
The role of veterinary patient care coordinator is to be the liaison between the doctor and medical team and the client and patient. This position requires knowledge and interest in client communications, hospital protocol and services, record keeping, clerical duties, practical knowledge of veterinary medicine terminology and liability. This a part time position with opportunity for full time seasonally.
Are you ready to join a great team?!
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com, please enter Administrative in the subject line. Phone inquiries are welcome, please call 303-794-6359 and ask for Britt LeDell.