Harry W. Johnson, DVM established the practice known as Littleton Large Animal Clinic (LLAC) in 1950, treating horses, cattle, pigs, sheep and goats. Horses, however, have always been a passion among the practitioners.
Doctors Marvin Beeman, Charles Vail and Terry Swanson partnered with Dr. Johnson to build a practice that was unmatched for dedication and quality of care. As time passed, local farms gave way to urbanization and farm animals moved from the area. Throughout this change, the horse community continued to grow, while the dedication of the veterinary staff to each horse and client remained steadfast.
Today, Littleton Large Animal Clinic is known as Littleton Equine Medical Center and treats exclusively horses. The staff has grown to over 50 people, including veterinarians, interns, technicians and support staff, to provide Colorado and the Rocky Mountain region with a referral center for specialized horse care.
The reputation of the veterinary practice has been established by many credentials, including national and international recognitions and staff contributions to the American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP). Our commitment to innovation and technology has continued to keep Littleton Equine Medical Center in step with the evolving demands of the equine industry.